The American Heart Association’s BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1 Course, Web-based and accessible 24 hours a day, provides a flexible alternative to classroom training. Through case-based scenarios, interactive activities and videos, this course teaches the concepts of both single-rescuer and team basic life support.
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Critical concepts in high-quality CPR
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
• 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
• 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
• Differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Bag-mask techniques for adults, children and infants
• Rescue breathing for adults, children and infants
• Relief of choking for adults, children and infants
• CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression and ventilation rates for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
Part 1 must be paired with a hands-on skills practice and testing session (Parts 2 and 3) with an AHA BLS Instructor. Students who successfully complete Part 1 receive a certificate that allows them entrance into a skills practice and testing session. An AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers course completion card will be issued upon successful completion of all three parts.
Q: Does the AHA determine the cost for all training courses and the accompanying course materials?
A: Costs for courses and materials are determined by Training Centers or Instructors and may vary. The AHA does not regulate price; however, provides its authorized distributors suggested retail pricing on course materials.
90-1035 BLS for Healthcare Providers Course and Renewal Course DVD
90-1036 BLS for Healthcare Providers Instructor Manual
90-1037 BLS for Healthcare Providers Instructor Package, includes: BLS for Healthcare Providers Instructor Manual BLS for Healthcare Providers Student Manual with Pocket Reference Card BLS for Healthcare Providers Course and Renewal Course DVD AHA stopwatch